BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Party by Proxy

About a month ago I made some off-hand comment to my 6th period class that my birthday was on November 14. A couple of them actually wrote it down (I wish they'd take that much effort to write down their homework!) and promised to bring a cake for my birthday. I knew I was going to be out of town on my actual b-day, and I wasn't scheduled to see their class that day anyway, so I told them if they really wanted to have a party that we'd have to do it on the 13th. Well, the 13th came and went and ... no party. Not surprising, and maybe a little relieving. I'm not a big fan of being the center of attention (ironic then, that I demand attention all day long? perhaps.).



I found out today that a couple of my kids actually did bring a cake to school on friday ... but I wasn't there, so they had a party for me in the cafeteria at lunch. Thank you, freshmen!



Glitterfy.com - Glitter Graphics


2 comments:

Ashley C said...

Awww - that is cute! Now you know for sure that at least some of your students like you...or are willing to use you as an excuse to eat cake.

Lanelle Barber said...

That is too cute. Next time they have a party for you when you're gone, suggest they sneak a slice into the teacher's lounge freezer so you can eat it later. Just like wedding cake. Sort of.