BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 1, 2009

Why I Love Savannah, a Photo Essay

Forsyth Park.

Who's the biggest celebrity to come out of Savannah? That's right, Paula Deen. And don't worry, Marci and I waited in line for an hour to get reservations at her restaurant. I can feel my arteries clogging just thinking about it.

So happy to have a roommate who loves cemeteries as much as I do. The Bonaventure Cemetery was filled with these beautifully pathetic figurines.


Ooh look! A pretty house! This city is GORGEOUS.

Nathan, Becky and Emily at the beach at Tybee Island.

The Mercer-Williams house. A beautiful old Civil War-era home. But more importantly, a major setting for the book Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. I don't want to give too much away, but let's just say I was sorely tempted to rip up the rug in the study to look for bullet holes.

A voodoo mask? I have no idea really what this is, but that was my dad's first reaction when he saw the pics, so we're going to go with that.

Savannah charm.


Wandering through the squares of Savannah we ran into this wedding, so of course I needed a picture. I'm pretty sure that the groom was at least 20 years older than the bride. And I'm really sorry you can't see the dresses. It was a little white trash.

Yes, we're happy to be in the South. And we look beautiful.

2 comments:

Erin Masi said...

oh my goodness!! i've been dying to go to Paula Deen's restaurant!! was it wonderful?

Craig and Erin said...

Haha. You should go to cemeteries with my dad. He tried to get my mom and me to go through the projects in New Orleans to get to one... Too scary for us. I love Paula Deen too! Butter is better!