BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stranded

A colleague of mine has a couple kids at the school and lives near several others, so she drives a few of the students to school every day. One of these students has been in my history class for the past two years (I teach two different classes, not because he failed), so I've gotten to know him pretty well. He's a very bright student, pretty quiet and very talented overall. He's the student that I really have to plan my lessons for, making sure that I'm challenging him enough.

Yesterday morning, this colleague reported that during their morning commute, they had been discussing whow they would take with them if they were stranded on a desert island. Apparently this student wanted to have me along "because she knows where everything is." When she reminded him that knowing geography might not be too crucial on a desert island, he told her that "Ms. Chamberlain just knows EVERYTHING."

I'm glad I've got someone fooled. :)

3 comments:

donelle said...

Haha! Love that!

Andrew Jensen said...

See, me? If it were one thing? My whole family. Or maybe a blender with a life-time supply of non-perishable milkshake ingredients...and a portable generator to power the blender...

Ashley C said...

That is awesome. Regardless of how much you actually know (which is a ton), it's still a compliment when a STUDENT wants a teacher on a desert island - at least he doesn't hate you!