BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Going There Someday...

As a child growing up in the LDS church, I've spent most of my life singing "I Love to See the Temple, I'm going there someday." Over Presidents' Day weekend, I decided to make the trek to Boise to finally make that real! I won't say much out of reverence for its sacredness, but it was a beautiful experience and I'm excited to spend more time there!

I also decided that if I was going to fly all the way out to Idaho, that I ought to just make a weekend trip of it, so I headed down to Utah on Saturday (Feb 14) to see some friends. Jessica & Reece picked me up from the airport and took me back to their apartment in the middle of a Utah blizzard to make breakfast and catch up. I've gotten really bad about taking pictures, so you get a lovely one of me and Jess at the Villa della Regina in Torino. Later on that day, I met up with Alicia, Sarah, Spencer and Amanda at the Timpanogos temple. What an incredible place! The rest of the evening / weekend, I spent with some of my favorite people: Damon, Amanda, Amy and Devon. For the first time in a long time, it was actually really hard for me to come back to DC.

I know, short frizzy hair = not a good look for anyone.


Typical. This is what I get for leaving my camera in Alicia's car. =)


Damon & Me.
Leaving my camera in Alicia's car = very few pictures from the weekend.


Amanda & me.
When we were in Boston and then again in Europe a few years ago, everyone thought we were sisters.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Congrats Melanie, that's awesome news!

Jessica and Reece said...

We LOVED seeing you!

Erin Masi said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to see you while you were here!!