BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's In a Name?

The clever folks over at the Washington Post Capital Weather Gang have been taking polls to name the storms of this past week. The Friday - Saturday storm was affectionately (?) dubbed Snowmageddon (although I prefer Snowpocalypse). And Snowmageddon it was. Grocery stores were jam-packed Thursday and Friday in preparation for the predicted dumping. People were stocking up on flour, sugar, eggs, any milk-based product and produce. You couldn't find a banana to save your life. The storm hit as promised, dumping something like 24" of snow at our house and more in other parts of the area. And after a 3-hour DCPS-is-still-requiring-us-to-go-to-school-on-Monday scare, the Mayor announced that the school system would be closed and I was able to enjoy my Super Bowl party in peace.

After a truly fabulous Snow Day (the first in years), we got another one on Tuesday. And then Wednesday, for storm #2. I've actually kept prety sane until now, but I'm sure the stircrazycabinfever will set in soon. Just found out we're out again tomorrow (not surprising considering the roads outside), which means with the Presidents Day holiday, I won't go back to work again til Tuesday. Awesome.

My car. I thought the December storm was bad, but we (literally) reached new heights with this one.


Not my car, thank goodness. Luckily the tree didn't seem to do much damage.

Favorite picture of the week.


The latest storm's name? Snowverkill.

Pictures to come as soon as I'm brave enough to go outside.

1 comments:

donelle said...

OH MY HECK SNOW!!!!!! I can't believe how much you guys got...and we've had hardly any here in Utah. Crazy. And I had no idea you're doing the whole grad school thing! That's so exciting! So why don't I just take your job? Seriously. You should tell Ms. Moore that when you quit cause I'm still thinking I want to come out there next year :) However, it won't be as cool without you there!!! Anywho...please let us know where you end up going!!!!